and loved unashamedly!

Monday 11 October 2010

Its been a while...

So it really has been a long time since I have updated this. In fact the novelty of a blog wore off pretty quickly. The novelty has come upon me again though...

I'm not long back from Budapest. We spent our evenings on our way home giving bread to the homeless. I was overwhelmed by how many people where on the streets and the indifference everyday people had to them. It was the first thing I commented on when we stepped out of the train station. However, it was superb to see that in a city that had huge social problems, one man in his wee white van feeding hundreds of homeless. One man can change things.

While away my wee travelling companion and I were learning about Grace. Two different books, one beautiful revelation. It's an actual thing of beauty to know that grace has been extended to us, but it is stunning to be able to hand that to others. As children of God we should know what grace feels like, we should be empowered by it and know its lovely to receive and walk in. As children of God however we should know what grace feels like when it comes from each other. Our family, our Godly family, we should experience that always. Recently I have experienced that so much in my life. Living in community, in unity, is never easy. We think it should be butterflies and cupcakes all the time. The reality of it is, our character is displayed openly, we see faults in others while remembering that we are exactly like them. We become amazingly aware of who we are. The opportunity has been afforded me much recently to know that Godly grace bestowed upon me by those I am in community with. And it is most endearing...

I got a job in Edinburgh working for Bethany Christian Trust. You can find out a wee bit about the project here. I will be going on the 21st October and will be there for just short of 6 months. I'm thinking it will be amazing, challenging and affirming. My heart is to love people I come into contact with and release God's Kingdom. I have dreams of speaking words and people being released from bondage. I don't think this is out there or off the wall-its who He is and who I represent. Extending the grace that has been afforded me, time and again to others. I'm also really excited about living with my sister over there. We have our wee day trips planned already and I will finally get to visit Inchcolm Abbey. Scotland is steeped in revival history! So I will be getting me some of that on my week off!

Before I head off on that adventure I will be going to Cardiff to this. I've been thinking about this and I'm going with expectations and no limitations. I'm going to have fun! It looks like it will be fun. Despite the timing ( I arrive home 3 days before I head to Edinburgh) it will be a joyful time no doubt!

This blog has been a bit staggered and not as 'flowy' as Id like. But I think I've pretty much covered the essentials at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment